Dr. Lewis joined the University of Pennsylvania in 2005 to be able to work with a cadre of nursing faculty leaders who were doing health disparities research. Her teaching focuses on preparing nurses to care for the nation’s ever-increasing diverse populations. She also presents guest lectures on health disparities, and has a secondary appointment as an Associate Professor in the Department of Africana Studies at Penn. Graduate students at Penn Nursing have the opportunity to be part of a community of scholars. Dr. Lewis enjoys mentoring students and is committed to their success.
Selected Career Highlights
- Co-Chair, American Heart Association National Peer Review Committee on BehavioralScience
- Reviewer, National Institutes of Health, Nursing and Related Clinical Sciences Study Section
- Participant, White House Forum on Women and the Economy
- Panelist, The State of Black Women’s Health, U.S. Health and Human Services
- Research cited in The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, and the Philadelphia Inquirer